Monday, August 15, 2011

Is anybody intrigued by the oneness theory/doctrine?

Even down to the smallest, most seemingly finite particles - there is interdependence. The north facing part of the particle is established by the south facing part so we can't say that the particle is without parts. It has a north facing part only in relation to its south facing part, and east and west and up and down and each direction between the cardinal directions and so forth. People are no different. Beyond being named "John Doe" there is nothing that makes someone intrinsically this or that beyond the collection that is named "John Doe." Considering the mental consciousness that apprehends a phenomenon, it, likewise, has parts and so does what it is looking at phenomenon with - an eye which is made of constituent parts and so on and on. If we read this entry someone might say after reading it "That guy is an idiot," and they might be right but they are not independent, so they are not truly established and simultaneously, they are not non-existent. This is true for almost all phenomena because almost all phenomena are collections and if they are collections than they are necessarily dependently originated. Since "I" am a collection and a phenomenon, "I" am necessarily dependently originated. Conventionally, "I" am here, I have a name and do laundry, but ultimately, "I" am not here, because if I really look for "my self" I am only going to find something that exists in relation to something else...for instance, the mental consciousness that is looking at "me," the relationship "I" have with this person or that, what "I" do with my time, and stuff like that. The only things "I" would dispute in your ertion is that we are not "one mind," and there is no independent "self", not of persons and not of phenomena. We are all connected, yes, but we don't share the same mental continuum. In other words, our actions are our own to contend with. The bright side is that we can know with certainty that cause and effct are infallible. If we hit our finger with a hammer, it hurts! Not hitting ourselves on the finger with a hammer does not hurt. Virtue makes us happy and non-virtue makes us suffer. Don't be lazy about your own ability! Study widely! Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment